Monday, May 14, 2012

Refocus


I do not know when I will have another chance to work on artwork of any kind. The Summer Tourist season is ramping up and my hours are intense... to put it mildly. In addition to the work schedule I am having some issues with housing again. So I am half packed and ready to go. Now I just need to have the money to move.

As I was packing, I found my jewelery supplies had become disorganized and jumbled in the container. It took a while to sort everything out. These were 3 separate tubes of beads that burst during the last move. I like how they spilled together to make this combination. It goes great with a few of the large focal pieces in my stash. What a visual feast!

I may have to take a few hours to bead something in the coming weeks while I am in limbo. But what?

I have also taken up a new blog on another platform. It feels like cheating... which is why I slipped it in here instead of making a full blown announcement. It isn't that I don't love blogging with blogger. And it is not that I haven't enjoyed sharing here. It's just that I am in a new place in my life. After months of wrestling with my relationship status and my living conditions, I have finally embraced where I am. And that has been something to blog about.

It is a frustrating thing to be reduced to living in a hotel room as a semi-permanent or permanent resident. There are tricks to making it bearable. And there are things that people need a little encouragement dealing with. So that is the focus of the blog. And unfortunately the focus of much of my writing.

No comments:

Visitors Count