Sunday, October 28, 2012

Gourdian Architecture

Well, I think I've done it. I've ignited a new obsession. Another house design on a venetian theme is in the works. And they are getting really complicated. I am  going to have some trouble keeping them  small and workable. I am also having issues keeping them from looking too contrived. The first house went together easier, I think, because I was working... oh pardon the pun, organically. Now I am trying to achieve a look.

The Venetian house uses a type of venetian blown glass lamp called a "corset" lamp, masks in the tradition of Casa Batllo and peacocks. The trick to this is going to be keeping from looking like a trunk of mardi gras trinkets fell out on the sidewalk. Oh and to keep everything level.

I seem to have developed a lean. But here in a few days I am going to have to quit with the paints and switch to a keyboard for NaNoWriMo. I hope to finish this year.

Wish me luck,

No comments:

Visitors Count