Thursday, October 10, 2013

Art Every Day

If it is true that the way to be successful is to just show up at the drawing board then the only way that is going to happen right now is with the digital studio that is picmonkey. The physical space still isn't ready. And I have begun to take on more work of the "paid" variety. Yay! The bills get paid. Boo!The art doesn't get done.

Well no... that is not true. The art gets done. I just have to feel like doing this the digital way is not cheating. That manipulating my own work is still art.

Today's entry:
 
 
 
If you have read this blog for any length of time you will recognize this amphora as the old headline picture. The key... layers, layer, layers. Use the eraser tool. And keep the basic rules of art in mind, especially proportion and overlapping. Overlapping is where the eraser tool comes in handy.
 

And play with the fade slider. The lettering would totally have been overwhelming without the slider. The original writing, bottom left hand corner in my own handwriting, has a transparent quality to it because of the nature of the materials used. And I didn't want the original to be crisp anyway. It was supposed to look like a page out of an archaeology journal. The letters were chosen, colored then a mode of application had to be chosen then the fade. I think this one is actually hard lighted. But don't quote me on that.

I really like this one even if it is all dark and chocolate-y.
Actually the resemblance to chocolate might be what I like the best.

No comments:

Visitors Count