Thursday, October 17, 2013

Tis the Season

 
 
 
They won't always be perfect on the first try. This is the third version. The corner where the texture sits is too bright. I couldn't adjust enough layers of texture to cover it without messing up the exposure on the rest of the photo. That's what happens when you don't know how to take decent photos boys and girls.
 
Otherwise... it mostly works. The text is in two segments and layered in the overlay mode. This allows the texture behind it to truly come through the lettering instead of fading it. To me this looks more like a transparency than any thing else which makes me happy. I just didn't lighten the raven enough.
 
I did get in there and touch up the eye and the beak with the draw function. Whoo hoo! And the spectral raven flying through the overhead makes for a nice touch with the idea of things not letting you sleep from the quote. It is part Poe, part Blues Traveler.
 
I think it works... mostly.

No comments:

Visitors Count