Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Ideas Come From a Variety of Places

strawberry cabernet buttercream frosting rose cupcake top with violet
edible flakes.

 
The Geek blog turned 5 at the beginning of the month. So I made celebratory cupcakes. I knew how I wanted them to look but really had no clue as to how to do it. Internet tutorials to the rescue! It is a simple piping technique using a 1 or 2M Wilton tip. Super simple. A variety of YouTube videos abound. This is the one that I watched.



I chose the flakes at Jo-Ann's as opposed to regular sprinkles because they look like mica powders. So I figure at some point in an up coming project I will use the technique with some sort of paste and mica powder. Modeling paste or wood paste have a sturdy texture that I do not think will fall. I don't know how stencil paste will work. But I do want to try it.

You know what will happen if it works? I can lay a transparency over a damask pattern and pipe my own damn embellishments! Talk about making it your own.

No comments:

Visitors Count