Sunday, December 1, 2013

Artifact box #5


Among the mess I started unpacking I found a box of Somerset Studio magazines and sketch books. Some were filled, others were only partially full and one was almost embarrassingly bare. the good news there is that I don't have to shop for more sketchbooks.

Here you can see two examples of why twitter knows me as @glyphgeek, a sample of my fascination with all manner of earthen vessles, the beginning of some kind of old engravers styled corbel design (middle bottom) and a sketch for a mannequin angel. If I had to guess I would say it was from the period when I obsessively watched Stargate SG-1 and continued through the point in which I moved out of my fathers house to begin this crazy 8 year quest.

When the jar and papyrus sketch popped out at me I kinda swooned. Sometimes I have some really good ideas. And that was one of them. It started an idea for a series of rubber stamps. Seriously need to get back on that track. Just have to figure out how to get around a couple of speed bumps.

No comments:

Visitors Count